Thursday, March 11, 2010

Long Canyon revisited

Turbo, Dean, Mark, Andy, Wade and I back to Long Canyon. Unfortunately my camera didn't make the trip. With 2 snowmachines the approach was a breeze. Our skin track from a few weeks ago was still there making a 2 hour approach go in 50 minutes to the base of the bowl. We skinned up a west gully complete with a short chimney with a few rock moves. A great summit in bluebird skies followed by some fantastic turns in new snow. Every turn I made created these small sluffs behind me creating shadows that made me think I was triggering something bigger. I thought I was being chased down the gully. It was a super day in the hills. I must use photos from the boys. Here is the link.













photos courtesy Dean Lords




No comments:

Post a Comment